favorite chapter of San Francisco

     

 This week I talk about my favorite chapter of “San Francisco”. It is chapter 6 ‘The bridge and Alcatraz’. In this chapter, it introduces world-famous tourist attractions, Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. You have probably heard that names once. Although I have heard these names, I don’t know what these are. These are wonderful places with more history that I expected.

 

And fifty years later in 1987, thousands of people went across the bridge again. This time there were 300,000 walkers – some of the older men and women happily remembered their first walk across it in 1937.

      When a man thought of a bridge there, many people disagree with him idea. Because the weather is always bad and the sea is dangerous. But later, because of other man, work began on the bridge. It costs 35 million dollars and takes four years. It was so difficult at first, but o the first day when the bridge opened, 300,0000 people came and I thought it was expected. The fact that many people walked on the bridge fifty years after its opening is proof that the bridge is loved.

You can see the Golden Gate Bridge in a lot of films too.

     As I said before blog, when I look the picture of Golden Gate Bridge, I remembered “rise of the Planet of the Apes”. Besides that movie, I feel like I saw it in some CM. I do not know that famous film directors introduce the bridge in their film, but I think that the bridge is full of attractive charm. I like watching movies, so when watching a movie in the future, I search the bridge.

 

And did the men escape? Some people think ‘yes’ but the prison said ‘no’ – the three prisoners died in the cold water, they said. But nobody found their dead bodies, only their raft, and nobody head from them again.

     There are escape stories about thirty-six different men. I wonder how many people do they escape with living. Around the Alcatraz, there is cold and fierce sea. I thought that if the sea is not calm, the escaping prisoners would die in middle of the sea. As far as this story is concerned, I thought the three prisoners might have escaped.

Most visitors come in the days but you can go at night too. Walk around the dark orison buildings, look in the rooms and listen for noises. Perhaps you can hear the prisoners from long ago.

     When I read these sentences, I want to visit the Alcatraz. I am not good at haunted houses, but I like them. So, if you visit San Francisco, I would visit here at tonight. A lot of strange things will happen because this island has a lot of history and mystery. According a site, the ghost also appeared in photos, which may be a lie. I want to visit there, but I scared ghost. So, I will visit there with salts. In japan, many people believe that salt avoid ghost.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco