The Mystery of Allegra

     I read "The Mystery of Allegra". Allegra is an unusual name. It means 'happy' in Italian, but the little girl in this story is sometimes very sad. Adrian,'I', is an English boy and tries to help this poor girl. I'll introduce important points with quotation.


She was looking at me with big eyes, as blue as Italian sky in summer. Her blond hair was as bright as sunlight round her pale face. 
 

     This sentences is when Adrian met Allegra for the first time. He visited Italy with his parents on Holiday. They stayed a villa and he slept in a room different from his parents. Then, in night he met her. The reason I like this sentences is that it uses metaphors and easy to imagine her looks. Especially, I like "big eyes, as blue as Italian sky in summer". I have never visited Italy, but I can imagine sunny Italian sky. Also, it is an expression that can be made because he is traveling Italy.

She was pale and beautiful, like the girl in my room. But this was a different girl. This Allegra had long black hair and her eyes were brown.

     This sentences is when Adrian met Allegra the second time. Allegra who was introduced by her mother is different from that Allegra who he had met last night.When I read this, I was surprised and excited about the mystery story.  Who is the girl he saw last night? Is she a ghost?

And while I was reading about Byron and Shelley, I began to understand the mystery of Allegra.

     Byron and Shelley are English poets. Byron is the key of Allegra's Mystery. Although the answer reveal after this sentences, it is a sad story. Allegra is poor girl. When I read its story, I wondered if this could happen. Her strong wish make all mystery. I think that the worst person is Byron. If he are kinder, Allegra, her mother and girls would be happy.

     Words of this book is not difficult, so I read easily. But the story is good very much. The last scene is good too. You should read this book once.

コメント

  1. I love the book. Thanks to you I could remember the story!! I want to talk about the book with you someday. If you like mystery stories, I recommend "The Woman in Black(Macmillan)". It's horror story, but including mystery elements. I want you to read this one, too. However if you don't like horror stories, you don't have to try it because pictures and stories are so horror.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thanks to recommend interesting book. I try to read it next week.

      削除
  2. Hello! Choru! I thiught the name of character is good.


    返信削除
    返信
    1. Allegra reminds me of the medicine of hay fever.

      削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco