San Francisco

 

This week, I read “San Francisco”. This book has ten chapters, and they introduce San Francisco’s weather, history, tourist spot and shops. Although every chapter are interested, I will introduce my interesting chapters with quotation.

 

Chapter 3: From 1906 to the Summer of Love

     This chapter is about modern San Francisco from 1906. 1906 is an important year for people and history in San Francisco.

At 5.12 in the morning on Wednesday 18 April 1906, the earth suddenly began to move in San Francisco. ~The earth did not stop moving for forty-two seconds. It was a very big earthquake – one of the worst earthquakes in the world at that time.

     I did not know they have experienced such a disaster. Because of this disaster, the fire continued to burn for four days, and more than three thousand men, women, and children died. When I read this number, I was so surprised. Even more surprising, in the year after the earthquake, San Francisco became a wonderful city again.

 

Chapter 4: The fog and the fault

     This chapter is about the weather and geographical features of San Francisco. When I was high school student, I learned geography, so I am most interested in these points. In addition, I missed the words I learned in the text.

~ and you sometimes need to wear a coat – in summer! ~ The weather can be very different from one neighborhood to the next. You can sit in the hot sun in one area, then walk for five minutes to a different place and suddenly there is fog or rain. ~ The terrible earthquake of 1906 happed because the San Andreas Fault moved.

     When I read this chapter, I really want to go to san Francisco. I didn’t know a place with such an attractive weather. I have never wrapped fog, so I want to take a leisurely walk and experience the thick fog. About fault, I knew the San Andreas Fault. But I didn’t expect the fault to cause such that disaster. I have heard that Japan has 2000 faults, both large and small. I think that it is important to prepare for a disaster like a San Francisco one.

 

Chapter 6: The bridge and Alcatraz

     The most popular attractions in San Francisco are ‘Golden Gate Bridge’ and ‘Alcatraz Island’. These two attractions are popular all over the world. Among them, the bridge has appeared in many movies. When I see picture that bridge, I remembered ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’. I was happy at that time, because I like that movie. On the other hand, I didn’t know the existence of Alcatraz. I didn’t believe it would put the whole island in prison. If island near my city become prison, I was sure to be very worried about my family or security. I was wondering if the people of San Francisco in the old days were convinced even though they had nothing to do with it and were surrounded by the sea.

 

     Today, I introduce ‘San Francisco’. The word in this book is not difficult, but this book has lots of content. For this reason, when you finish this, you would want to visit to san Francisco. Please read this.

コメント

  1. This book has ten chapter
    This book has ten chapters

    返信削除
  2. Words of this book is not difficult
    The words in this book are not difficult

    返信削除
  3. Don't forget to write something every week!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!