FRANKENSTEIN(2/2)

     I will introduce last half "FRANKENSTEIN", continuing from last week.

I destroyed the body on the table. The monster saw me destroy his future happiness.

     The monster asked Frankenstein to make female monster, his wife. But Frankenstein was afraid that new monster cause more tragedy and destroyed his new creation. The monster who hoped to be given love and wanted to spend a happy life with his wife was angry, so he determined to let Frankenstein be the most unhappy man in the world.

Let's decide on a date for the wedding. I promise that, in life or in death, I will give myself to her.

     Because of the monster, Frankenstein lost his brother and best friend. He was sad and spent quietly. A beloved Elizabeth, who is as weak as him, said she wanted to get married by letter, and he finally got married. This sentences is when he decided  this marriage. I like this sentences. Especially, 'I will give myself to her" express the strength of his determination to protect her.

And now he is dead, and I must die too. There is nothing more for me to do.

     This sentences is in last scene. I want you to read who is dead, how he died, and what will happen to the another one. When I read this scene, I was sure this is a sad story. I was so surprised and sad that no one was happy in last. 

     The words of this story is not difficult, and is too long. But it was a very  interesting book with detailed emotions and hints. Please read this and think whether this story is a kind of horror or tragedy.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco