FRANKENSTEIN(1/2)

     I read "FRANKENSTEIN". This book is written by Mary Shelley. In fact, maybe everyone mistake, 'Frankenstein' is not name of monster but name of a scientist. He created a monster. The story is in Switzerland and appears many beautiful descriptions of mountains. Although I read first half yet, I'll introduce important scenes with quotation.

I wanted to discover where life came from. I wanted to experiment with science as much as possible. I wanted to create life.

     When Frankenstein was young, he saw thunder hitting the tree near his house. Then he was interested in electricity and in the power that exists in all natural things. This  sentences are the beginning of terrible. If he didn't want to create life and has ethics, he and people around him would be unhappy. 

The man was terribly ugly. He had thick black hair and white teeth, but his skin was yellow and dry. His eyes were very pale. He was a monster.

     This sentences is from his successful experiment.  His creation is terrible, even he is scared his creation. But this heartless responses to monster accuse tragedy. This sentences use a lot of color, so you can easily imagine fear or the creepy of this monster.

 You must create a female for me, as ugly and terrible as I am. I will be able to live with her and have a friend.

     The monster asked Frankenstein to create another female monster. For monsters who have never been loved since their birth, and have lived without being recognized, they wanted a partner to talk to, even with a hateful him. On the other hand, the monster make him feel humiliation and guilt to make a monster again.

     When I finished reading first half, I think that this story is not horror but sad story. Although I I was scared of the vengeance of the monster, I couldn't help feeling sympathy for the monster. I'm looking forward to what the end will be.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco