Voodoo Island

   This week, I read "voodoo Island". This book is a kind of horror. Voodoo is a special magic that is used in Haiti. It can be used for both good and bad. I'll introduce important points with quotation.

And look, there's a pin in the doll's stomach. A few days later the man came to hospital because his stomach hurt. He knew that someone was using voodoo against him.The pain was terrible, but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him. In the end, he died.

   This sentences are introduction of terrible voodoo. Even doctors can't find his pain. When I read these sentences, I thought that voodoo might be the strongest. It can long range attack. Also, only "houngans" who know how to use voodoo might break this magic.

This graveyard is very old. Nobody comes here now. The people in this graveyard died a hundred years old. ~ This is Mr Conway's land. He bought it a few days ago. He's going to build shops here and we're going to help him. 

   This scene is that Kee who is the grandson of the greatest houngans and use voodoo meets two men on the graveyard. In the graveyard, his grandfather sleeps. So, Kee opposes breaking it. But Mr Conway likes earning money. 

I want to live in a big house, with lots of rooms. Oh, but I want more than that. I hate housework. I want lots of people to clean the rooms and bring me food. I want to have a lot of money in the bank. Oh, and i don't want to work. I want a lot of things, you see. 

   This is the most important sentences in this book. Kee gets angry at Mr Conway's plan, and he asked Conway to stop building shops. However Conway say that he would stop building instead of hearing what he wants. Kee gladly accept because he is houngan. On the other hand, Conway intended to betray Kee from the beginning, but he was still unaware of the disaster after this.

   When I read last scene, I was so surprised. I thought it was a rare book to finish so beautifully. It's easy to read for its difficulty level, and this is a book you should read.
 

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco