Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

  I talk about " Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde". This book is very famous and was made a movie many times. This book is divided into three perspectives. First section, one of the Jekyll's old friends, Mr John Utterson is the point of view. He confront  an evil murderer. In second section, another of Jekyll's friend, Dr Lanyon is point of view. He tried to help his friend, Jekyll. The last section is finally about Jekyll. Mystery of this book is revealed. Next, I'll introduce two sentences that left an impression in this book to me.

One was Edward Hyde - a man completely evil.


 Dr Jekyll expressed Mr Hyde. I think that human must have both good and evil. Of course, the proportion varies from person to person. But I think that there is no person who has only one side. So I concern this sentence and want to see the person.


'If Henry Jekyll dies, his house and all his money passes into the hands of his friend and helper, Edward Hyde.'


 This sentence is in first section. After I read this book, I am interested in it. At last, Jekyll seems not to like Hyde. Jekyll was afraid of Hyde. But his will is written to help Hyde. If Jekyll wanted Hyde disappear, he could not write to help. I wonder why Jekyll wrote this. 


 This starts from the perspective Mr Utterson who is neither Jekyll nor Hyde, so people who know little about this story will be confused. But toward to the end, 
all mystery are revealed. Please read and see. 

コメント

  1. After reading your blog, I wanted to read this book. Bacause this book seems so famous that it's made into a movie, but I didn't know. And I thought that the development of this book would be interesting.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. you must be excited, forgetting the time and focusing to read....

      削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco