Through the looking glass


Through the looking glass




     I talk about “through the looking glass”. This story was written after “Alice in wonderland.” Alice get lost in the world of mirror and aim the goal as a chess piece. I introduce three scenes that left an impression in this book with quotation.



Alice walked along path. But it did not go straight to the hill. First it turned left. Then it turned right. Then it came back to the house.



     It’s line when Alice go to the hill. Although Alice want to go there, this world is the world of mirror, so she couldn’t easily go there. She went in the opposite direction she wanted to go. I think that this sentence is an important rule for this story, because it takes readers to the mirror world with Alice and makes their feel as if they are traveling with her. If I were her, I couldn’t understand immediately like her and would get annoyed. I envy smart her.



It began to look less and less like an egg, and more and more like a man. When she was right up close to it, Alice saw that it had eyes and a nose and mouth. Yes, it was HUMPTY DUMPTY himself!



First of all, I chose this book, because I want to read the scene of Humpty Dumpty. When I read tongue twister of him in my class, I decided to read the book in which he appears. But in this book, the tongue twister I learned in class didn’t appear. I was so shocking. For this reason, I was impressed with this scene. His line is a little difficult, so, I sometimes understand it. But conversations of Humpty and Alice are like philosophy. I think that their conversation looks like a simple, but it’s actually deep. So, I analyzed its meaning, however, I didn’t understand as a result. I want you to read this and think whether their conversation has special meaning or not and what meaning does it have.



But the kitten just went on washing herself. It pretended it had not heard Alice’s question. Who do you think did the dreaming?



     This sentence is in last scene. Alice returned to the real world and realized who are Red Queen and White Queen. And she asked them who dreamed it all. Alice believed that she and the Red king are in one heart, said “He was part of my dream, wasn’t he, but I was part of his dream too.” But the Kitty didn’t speak any, the answer is in the dark. In my opinion, the dream belongs to the Red King. While he was dreaming, her consciousness shifted to his body. In other word, she can’t move in wonderland until he sleep. Furthermore, he may be calling her consciousness because he wants to her to know him world. However, what makes me wonder is how Alice’s body is going while she is conscious. Some questions come up in my opinion. This scene can be discussed by everyone after reading. Do you think who dreamed?





   Finally, this book is full of fantasy, so, it suits people who like fantasy. I think that you should read it after reading the previous story “Alice in Wonderland”. Both have unique characters so you can enjoy them each other. Also, two stories are filmed by Tim burton. Please check them.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco