Much Ado About Nothing


BENEDICK: Oh, Beatrice! She loves me – that’s why she came here to find me. The other were right. She is beautiful, and kind too. Oh, how I love her! Beatrice – wait for me! I’ll come with you! (p17)


DON JOHN: Perhaps she says that she loves you. But she has many, many lovers. You are not the only one. (p21)


HERO: Claudio, when you said those terrible things to me on our wedding day, I nearly died. But I am alive, and I still love you. (p37)



Book Review

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

     This week I read Much Ado About Nothing. This is old love story. Words of this book are not difficult, and this book is not too long. It is easy for me to read. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them.

     The first is “Oh, Beatrice! She loves me – that’s why she came here to find me. The other were right. She is beautiful, and kind too. Oh, how I love her! Beatrice – wait for me! I’ll come with you!” (p17). This sentence is said by Benedick. He originally didn’t love Beatrice, but when his friends talked it to cheat him, he was cheated completely. I thought that he is foolish. In the same way, Beatrice was cheated, so perhaps they fit well. Next, “Perhaps she says that she loves you. But she has many, many lovers. You are not the only one.” (p21). Don John who had jealousy to Claudio told lie to stop them wedding. Because of this remark, story moves a lot, so it is important. Last, “Claudio, when you said those terrible things to me on our wedding day, I nearly died. But I am alive, and I still love you.” (p37). This is last scene which lost misunderstanding each other, and meet after a long time. I was happy, because Claudio and Hero were happy.  

     This book is written by William Shakespeare. Firstly, I thought this book is difficult. But when I finished reading this, I thought this book is good foe beginner.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco