goosebumps1


I couldn’t move. Now I could hear the creature’s breathing. Heavy, rasping breaths. Nearer. Nearer. (p13)

Grandpa Eddie _ carrying a huge platter stacked high with blueberry pancakes. (p37)

I slipped my fingers around the key and turned it. The lock sprang open with a sharp click. I yanked open the door. And stared at a hideous monster. (p61)

Book Review

Goosebumps by R. L. STINE

     This week I read Goosebumps. This is horror novel. I like horror story. But words of this story are difficult for me, so I sometimes can’t understand the content. Also, this story is too long. It is not the amount I can read in a week. As a result, I read only half of this story. I don’t know last scene. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them.
The first one is “I couldn’t move. Now I could hear the creature’s breathing. Heavy, rasping breaths. Nearer. Nearer.” (p13) Hero’s family have an accident. During hero’s father fix, hero go to anywhere to explore. Then hero comes across with monster. I like this scene, because this sentence conveys tension. Next, “Grandpa Eddie_ carrying a huge platter stacked high with blueberry pancakes.”(p37) When hero wonder grandparent’s house, his grandpa carry a huge pancakes anywhere. This sentence makes me scared, doubtful. I think this sentence is important to solve this mystery. Last, “I slipped my fingers around the key and turned it. The lock sprang open with a sharp click. I yanked open the door. And stared at a hideous monster.” (p61) This is last scene of half part of this story. This sentence state the fact which hero meet hideous monster, so we readers can imagine what hero will in the next. Also, this sentence details the actions of the hero. I seemed to hear the sound of the hero’s heart.
I think this story details and interesting. But if you want to read this story, you should know a certain level of words.   

コメント

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco