Book series READY-TO-READ

I introduce book series"READY-TO-READ".
This series are divided into four levels. Representative story of this series is "HENRY AND MUDGE"series. I like this two persons's story, but I am going to introduce about PEANUTS series.
PEANUTS is one of the famous stories in the world. It was animeted and was also broadcast in Japan. I was used to watch this anime.

1,  It's time for school, Charlie Brown

    Charlie Brown wasn't worried. He smiled. He took a deep breath. And he began to spell...  "M-A-Y-S!" Charlie Brown blew it! 
   In this book, Charlie Brown is main character. I like this picture, but words and grammar are difficult a little. So I sometimes don't understand flow of tale. 

vocabulary

leap:飛躍
clench:握りしめる
ace:エース

2,  Lucy's Advice

Even though Lucy knew a lot, she had one tough case. That case was Charlie Brown. She could not help him. Charlie Brown was too wishy-washy. No advice could change that.
In this book, Lucy is main character. She is so smart and saucy. I am not confident to make a friend with her. But she is envious, because she know how to make money. 

vocabulary

suck:吸う
shrugged:肩をすくめる

3,  Take a hike, Snoopy!

The scouts had to see for themselves. They leaned over the side. "Be careful!" Snoopy warned Woodstock. "What would happen if you fell?"   "Nothing," Woodstock said. "We can fly!"
This book is an adventure by Snoopy and Woodstock. I was surprised to read this book, because I didn't know that there are many Woodstock. I knew only one Woodstock. I like Woodstock's carefree. To the point, I was surprised they had set up a Ferries wheel and a merry-go-round.

vocabulary

canteen:食堂
gulp:飲み込む
vertical:垂直
mittens:ミトン
troops:軍隊

4,  Snoopy: Flying Ace to the Rescue

He was a World War Ⅰ Flying Ace. It was time for him to fight the great German pilot-the Red Baron!
Words of this book are too difficult for me to read, so I can't understand. But I was interested that characters were trouble in, because of Snoopy. As a result, I find that Snoopy is cute.

vocabulary

sniffed:嗅ぐ
bail:寄託
leap:飛躍
supper:晩餐
bandage:包帯
dazed:眩しい

5,  Lose the Blanket, Linus!

"Are you going to carry it around for the rest of your life? When are you going to learn to stand on your own two feet?""What do you mean?" asked Linus. "I do not need my blanket! I can give up anytime I want to! Anytime!"
I like this story most of this five stories. I like blanket just like Linus, so I am empathic him. And, I was sad a little, because I must leave blanket someday. But Linus is great to like dirty blanket and I think that Linus should stop barking a finger.

vocabulary

doom:運命
his:しーっという音を出す
inched up:切られた
suck:吸う
moldly:かっこいい

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Mystery of Allegra

Rain, Rain, Rain!

San Francisco